By determination of 23 October 2003, the request submitted by RADIOMOVEL was granted, concerning a one-year extension, up to 9 May 2004, of the time limit for the beginning of the operation of the Mobile Service with Shared Facilities (SMRP), using CDMA technology (Code Division Multiple Access), an extension, up to 9 November 2004, of the time limit for the conclusion of the transition process from the MPT 1237 and TETRA technologies to the CDMA technology and the alteration of the time limits for the installation of the base stations from 2004 to 2005.
Therefore, pursuant to article18 of Decree-Law no. 381-A/97 of 30 December, the Board of Directors decided to endorse to the licence that qualifies Radiomóvel to provide the Mobile Service with Shared Facilities – a service that allows the establishment of bi-directional communications, whether addressed or not, between closed user groups, through terminal equipment of a non-fixed nature, involving the establishment of communications with users of other telecommunication services of public use only where there is an interconnection with the fixed telephone service, the following:
1. The time limit for the beginning of the SMRP provision according to the CDMA technological system shall be extended up to 9 May 2004.
2. The time limit for the conclusion of the transition process from the MPT 1237 and TETRA technologies to the CDMA technology shall be extended up to 9 November 2004.
3. The time limits referred in the preceding paragraphs shall not be extendable and failure to comply shall determine the automatic expiry of the right to use the frequencies reserved for the CDMA technological system.
The time limits for the installation of the set of infrastructures for the SMRP provision according to the CDMA technology shall be as follows:
- 120 Base Stations up to 9 March 2004;
- 210 Base Stations up to 9 May 2005;
- 250 Base Stations up to 30 September 2005.