- > Ministerial Order no. 1230/99, of 25 of January
- > 2. Regulations for access to the activity of public telecommunications network operator and public use telecommunications service provider
- > A. Basic telecommunications legislation
- > C. Revoked legislation
- > XV. Legislation archive
- > Legislation
- > Home Page
Published in D.R. number 20 (Series II) of 25 January 1999
Ministério do Equipamento, do Planeamento e da Administração do Territorio (Minister of Equipment, Planning and Territorial Administration)
Decree-Law no. 381- A/97, of 30 December, defined a new access system to working as an operator of public telecommunication networks and as a provider of public use telecommunication services, with article 29 foreseeing the payment of various tariffs by said operators and providers.
Under the terms of point 3 of article 29 of Decree-Law no. 381-A/97, of 30 December, I hereby stipulate the following:
1. The tariffs to be charged by the Instituto das Comunicações de Portugal (ICP), under the terms of Decree-Law nr. 381-A/97, of 30 December, shall be set at the following amounts:
a. PTE 40,000, for each act of registration;
b. PTE 10,000, for endorsements to the registration;
c. PTE 10,000, for replacing the registration, in case of loss;
d. PTE 10,000,000, for issuing a licence within the scope of the tender;
e. PTE 2,000,000, for issuing a licence not arising from the tender;
f. PTE 50,000, for endorsements to the licence;
g. PTE 100,000, for replacing the licence, in case of loss;
h. PTE 300,000, for renewing the licence
2. The annual tariffs foreseen in point 2 of article 29 of Decree-Law nr. 381-A/97, of 30 December, shall be set at the following amounts:
a. PTE 100,000, for providing audio-text services;
b. PTE 1,500,000, for providing the remaining public use telecommunication services, not subject to a licence;
c. PTE 2,000,000, for providing public use telecommunication services, subject to a licence;
d. PTE 2,000,000, for working as an operator of public telecommunication networks.
3. The annual tariffs set under the terms of point 2 of the present order shall be paid in advance in the month of January, except in cases where another date is set by ICP.
4. If work in any of the activities subject to the payment of the tariffs foreseen in the present order commences during a calendar year, the annual tariffs owing shall only be a share of the number of months remaining up until the end of said calendar year. For this purpose, a fraction of a month shall be considered as a full month.
5. With regard to entities which have authorisations or licences issued under the legislation revoked by Decree-Law nr. 381-A/97, of 30 December, whose titles have been adapted to the regime arising from said document, ICP must proceed with the respective settlement of tariffs, paid or to be paid, by applying the rules included in points 3 and 4 of the present order, with due adaptations.
6. The following orders are revoked: SEH of 27 February 1991, 11/91, of 12 March, 30/91, of 18 July, 26/92-XII, of 19 August, and 13/94-XII, of 12 May.
31 December 1998. - The Minister of Equipment, Planning and Territory Administration, João Cardona Gomes Cravinho.