- Spectrum management
- Public consultations
- Publications NFAP
- Radiocommunications services
- Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) systems
- Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) systems (archive of public consultations)
- Spectrum Monitoring and Control centre
- World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC)
- Decisions adopted by Portugal (ECC, ECTRA and ERC)
- Studies and reports
- Frequently Asked Questions
- BWA frequency auction
- Multiband Auction
- Related information
- Expand Thematic Areas
- Hide Thematic Areas
- Access and Interconnection
- Broadband area
- Ducts Access
- Digital Television
- Electronic Commerce
- Emergency Communications
- Electronic communications - market analysis
- Electronic communications - regulatory framework
- ITED - ITUR
- International Activity
- International Roaming
- Leased Lines
- Local Loop Unbundling
- Mobile Networks and Services
- Numbering, Names and Addressing
- Online Services
- Postal area
- R&TTE Regulatory Framework
- Telephone Service at a Fixed Location and Universal Service
- URSI - Portuguese Committee
Amateur and Amateur-Satellite Services
The amateur service is a radiocommunications service that aims for the personal training, intercommunication and technical studies of amateurs, that is, duly authorized persons who have a purely personal and non-financial interest in radio techniques.
The amateur-satellite service is a radiocommunications service with the same purpose as the amateur service, but is distinguished by the fact that it uses space stations on earth satellites.
All persons qualified according to the legislation in force are deemed to be amateurs.
The functioning rules of radiocommunications stations of amateur and amateur-satellite services, as well as rights and obligations of amateurs operating in Portuguese territory, are laid down in a specific legal framework, in force as from 1 June 2009, constituted by Decree-Law no. 53/2009, of 2 March, by procedures approved by ANACOM, as well as by applicable provisions of the National Frequency Allocation Plan (NFAP), namely Annex 6 thereof, which defines the frequency bands and other relevant constraints for the use of spectrum.
Decree-Law no. 53/2009, of 2 of March http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=891280
Procedures for the amateur service (PDF 1410 Kb) http://www.anacom.pt/streaming/decisaoamador27052009_en.pdf?contentId=969158&field=ATTACHED_FILE
Annex 6 - Use of frequencies by amateur services and amateur satellite services (PDF 335 Kb) http://www.anacom.pt/streaming/6Access_spectrum_amateur.pdf?contentId=1024239&field=ATTACHED_FILE
- Amateur stations on board vessels http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=340605
- Data search of amateur and amateur satellite services (only available in portuguese) http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=340606
- Applicable fees http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=331645
- Links of interest http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=344356
AM - Amateur Service: Radiocommunication service for individual training, intercommunication and technical investigations carried out by amateurs, that is, by duly authorized persons interested in radio technique solely with a personal aim and without pecuniary interest.
AM-S - Amateur Satellite Service: Radiocommunication service using space stations on Earth satellites for the same purposes as those of the amateur service.
Radiocommunication Service: A service involving the transmission, emission and/or reception of radio waves for specific telecommunication purposes.
Consultation on the draft decision on the results of the audit to PTC's universal service net costs (2007-2009) - comments until 22.05.2013
ANACOM Conference 2013 - Financing the future, 01.07.2013
World Radiocommunication Conference 2015 (WRC-15), Geneva, 2-27.11.2015
Positions, clarifications and statements issued by ANACOM between 2004 and 2013
Access the services which we provide electronically
FAQ on Audiotext, Digital Terrestrial Television - DTT, International Roaming, Licences for land mobile service private radiocommunications networks, Local Loop Unbundling, Message-Based value Added Services, National Numbering Plan, Operator Portability, R&TTE Regulatory Framework, Telephone Service at a Fixed Location and Universal Service, VoIP