ANACOM has submitted today to the general consultation procedure the draft decision adopted on 13 February 2008, on the provision of new electronic communication services by RADIOMÓVEL Telecomunicações, S.A.
This draft decision has been adopted following a communication on the part of the referred company concerning the launching of two new electronic communication services - fixed telephone service and nomadic VoIP service.
The assessment of services declared by RADIOMÓVEL was threefold - the use of frequencies, the use of numbers and transparency of data conveyed to users - the following decisions having been taken:
- To allow RADIOMÓVEL to use its own SMRP-CDMA 450 MHz frequencies in the local access network in order to provide fixed telephone service and nomadic VoIP service, under normal conditions of services presented to ANACOM, in compliance with conditions laid down;
- To acknowledge RADIOMÓVEL' s right to use the ''2'' numbering range of the National Numbering Plan (NNP) in the scope of the fixed telephone service and to use the ''30'' numbering range in the scope of the nomadic VoIP service, in so far as established conditions are complied with;
- To determine that RADIOMÓVEL must keep a record of all terminals operating in the scope of the fixed telephone service and related BTS (Base Transceiver Station);
- To determine that RADIOMÓVEL must submit to ANACOM within 15 working days from this determination, a description of the technical procedure for BTS selection in the scope of fixed telephone service and nomadic VoIP service; and
- To determine that RADIOMÓVEL must convey to end-users clear and transparent information on the characteristics of the fixed telephone service and nomadic VoIP service.
The consultation has duration of 20 working days, and thus closes on 28 March 2008. Therefore comments should be submitted by this date, in writing, sent either in paper version to ANACOM or electronically to e-mail address email@example.com. Comments expressly marked as confidential by respondents will not be included in the publication of results.
This draft decision has been also submitted to the prior hearing of RADIOMÓVEL.
The effective provision of referred services by RADIOMÓVEL is subject to the decision to be taken following the referred consultation procedures.