As the regulatory authority for communications, ANACOM regulates, supervises and monitors Portugal's postal sector, contributing to the development of an open and competitive market.
Among ANACOM's legal obligations is the obligation to ensure disclosure of information about its powers, responsibilities and initiatives in postal matters, information about the prevailing regulatory framework and about the rights and obligations of postal service providers and consumers.
For more details concerning ANACOM's remit on postal issues, particularly with regard to the provision of the universal postal service, see:
- Statutes of ANACOMhttp://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=251006
- Lei postal (Postal Law)http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=251007
- Bases for the universal postal service concessionhttp://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=251009
- Price convention and quality convention of the universal postal servicehttp://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=251011
- Essential public serviceshttp://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=589074