- Access and Interconnection
- Broadband area
- Ducts Access
- Digital Television
- Electronic Commerce
- Emergency Communications
- Electronic communications - market analysis
- Electronic communications - regulatory framework
- ITED - ITUR
- International Activity
- International Roaming
- Leased Lines
- Local Loop Unbundling
- Mobile Networks and Services
- Numbering, Names and Addressing
- Online Services
- Postal area
- R&TTE Regulatory Framework
- Spectrum management
- Telephone Service at a Fixed Location and Universal Service
- URSI - Portuguese Committee
Liberalised postal traffic totals 67 million objects
During the third quarter of this year, traffic from postal services operated in competition totalled about 67 million items, corresponding to 21% of all postal traffic. This figure corresponds to a drop of 0.5% in comparison to the previous quarter and of 6.9% in comparison to the third quarter of 2006.
During the same period, the volume of national postal traffic totalled around 62 million objects, representing 92% of total postal traffic operated in competition. Meanwhile outgoing international traffic registered five million objects, representing 8% of liberalised traffic.
National traffic remained largely unchanged, while international traffic fell by 5.5%.
In the liberalised area, Grupo CTT was responsible for 95% of national traffic and for 86% of international traffic.
In this period, about 4 million of the total 67 million liberalized postal objects fell within the express mail category, with more than 63 million being encompassed by the remaining service categories. Express mail therefore accounted for 6% of the total traffic operated in competition, with the remaining categories making up 94%. This traffic structure has been relatively stable over the last four quarters.
The traffic of services outside thee express mail category, remaining largely unchanged over the quarter, fell by 8% year-on-year. Meanwhile express mail fell by 8.4% over the quarter, having registered a year-on-year increase of around 14%.
Regarding the offer structure, it can be seen that at the end of September the companies of Grupo CTT held a 43.8% share of express mail traffic, down 3.3% on the previous quarter. Meanwhile these companies held a 97.4% share of non-express mail traffic.
As at the end of third quarter there were 16,866 people working in liberalised postal services, eight less than in the previous quarter.
Quarterly reports by service http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=277884
Consultation on the draft decision on billing and collection of penalties applied to the beneficiaries of the Reference Poles Access Offer of PTC - comments until 21.06.2013
ANACOM Conference 2013 - Financing the future, 01.07.2013
World Radiocommunication Conference 2015 (WRC-15), Geneva, 2-27.11.2015
Positions, clarifications and statements issued by ANACOM between 2004 and 2013
Access the services which we provide electronically
FAQ on Audiotext, Digital Terrestrial Television - DTT, International Roaming, Licences for land mobile service private radiocommunications networks, Local Loop Unbundling, Message-Based value Added Services, National Numbering Plan, Operator Portability, R&TTE Regulatory Framework, Telephone Service at a Fixed Location and Universal Service, VoIP