- Access and Interconnection
- Broadband area
- Ducts Access
- Digital Television
- Electronic Commerce
- Emergency Communications
- Electronic communications - market analysis
- Electronic communications - regulatory framework
- ITED - ITUR
- International Activity
- International Roaming
- Leased Lines
- Local Loop Unbundling
- Mobile Networks and Services
- Numbering, Names and Addressing
- Postal area
- R&TTE Regulatory Framework
- Spectrum management
- Telephone Service at a Fixed Location and Universal Service
- URSI - Portuguese Committee
R&TTE Regulatory Framework
4. What are the essential requirements?
In order for an apparatus to conform with Decree-Law no. 192/2000 of 18 August (and with the R&TTE Directive), it is necessary that it complies with the essential requirements described therein.
Radiocommunications and terminal equipment
- Protection of the health and safety of the user and any other person, including with respect to the safety objectives and requirements established in Decree-Law no 117/88 of 12 April (with the exception of the provisions which regard the application of the voltage limit).
- Protection requirements in terms of electromagnetic compatibility, set out in Administrative Rule no 767-A/93 of 31 August and other applicable legislation.
- Radio equipment shall be constructed in such a way that guarantees efficient use of the radio spectrum and avoids harmful interference.
Additional requirements may also be imposed by the European Commission for specific equipment classes or certain types of apparatus, so that such equipment:
- interworks via networks with other apparatus, so that it can be connected to interfaces of the appropriate type throughout the European Union;
- does not harm the network or its functioning and does not result in the misuse of network resources causing an unacceptable deterioration of service;
- contains safeguards which ensure protection of the personal data and privacy of the user and of the subscriber;
- it incorporates features which prevent fraud;
- it supports certain features ensuring access to emergency services;
- it supports certain features which facilitate use by people with special needs.
It is presumed that an apparatus complies with essential requirements when it complies with the European harmonised standards (whose references are published in the Official Journal of the European Communities and in series III of Diário da República).
See: National Frequency Allocation Planhttp://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=656483 and notification with respect to equipment which does not use frequency bands which have been harmonised in the European Union (article 9, paragraph 3 of Decree-Law no 192/2000, which transposes article 6.4 of the R&TTE Directive).
- Why was the R&TTE framework adopted? http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=932703
- What equipment does it apply to? http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=932839
- What requirements is an apparatus subject to? http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=932866
- What are the essential requirements? http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=932881
- What are the procedures for assessing conformity? http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=932922
- What technical interface specifications need to be published by the public telecommunications network operators (PTNO)? http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=933259
- What information procedures are to be followed by operators regarding the publication of technical specifications? http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=933381
- What are the technical specifications of the radio interfaces? http://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=933559
Consultation on the draft decision on billing and collection of penalties applied to the beneficiaries of the Reference Poles Access Offer of PTC - comments until 21.06.2013
ANACOM Conference 2013 - Financing the future, 01.07.2013
World Radiocommunication Conference 2015 (WRC-15), Geneva, 2-27.11.2015
Positions, clarifications and statements issued by ANACOM between 2004 and 2013
Access the services which we provide electronically
FAQ on Audiotext, Digital Terrestrial Television - DTT, International Roaming, Licences for land mobile service private radiocommunications networks, Local Loop Unbundling, Message-Based value Added Services, National Numbering Plan, Operator Portability, R&TTE Regulatory Framework, Telephone Service at a Fixed Location and Universal Service, VoIP