CPG PT2 and PT3 - Maisons-Alfort
If you would like to quote from the "CPG PT2 and PT3 - Maisons-Alfort" article, please copy and paste the following text:Author: anacom
Title: "CPG PT2 and PT3 - Maisons-Alfort"
The meetings of PT2 and PT3 of the Conference Preparatory Group (CPG) were held on 12 and 16 March 2007 in Maisons-Alfort, France, with the aim of preparing the European position for the upcoming 2007 World Radiocommunications Conference (WRC-07).
PT2 covers issues related to space science services (satellite earth exploration, space research and satellite weather forecasting) and terrestrial services.
Participants in the meeting approved the revision and consequent updating of the Briefs with results of the most recent meetings of the groups in the Radiocommunications Sector of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-R) responsible for each WRC-07 agenda item. As for the European common proposal (ECP), the recorded developments are summarised below:
- Item 1.2 (on sharing criteria in the 36-37 GHz bands, the possible 100 MHz extension of satellite weather forecasting service (METSAT) in the 18 GHz band and the revision of sharing criteria in the 10.6-10.68 GHz band) - an ECP was approved, divided into three parts: the first part proposes new sharing criteria in the 36 GHz band, based on results of the ITU-R RS. 2095 Report; the second proposes extending 100 MHz of spectrum to METSAT service in the 18.3-18.4 GHz band; and the third puts forward new power limits in sharing between active services and passive services in the 10.6 GHz band.
- Item 1.3 (on updating the status of radio-localisation service and the possible extension of 200 MHz of spectrum from earth exploration by satellite service (EESS) in the 9 GHz band) - the ECP proposes promotion from secondary to primary status for radio-localisation service in the 9000-9200 MHz and 9300-9500 MHz bands and the extension of 200 MHz (9300-9500 MHz) to EESS (currently 9500-9800 MHz), as well as an additional 100 MHz in the 9800-9900 MHz band.
- Item 1.7 (on criteria for sharing between mobile satellite service (MSS) and mobile services (MS) and space research (SRS) in the L band (1668-1675 MHz) - a two-part ECP was approved: part one concerns sharing between MSS and SRS and proposes threshold limits for co-ordination between those services in the 1668-1668.4 MHz band, while part two proposes strict power limits for MS, to improve protection for MSS in the 1670-1675 MHz band.
- Item 1.11 (on criteria for sharing between broadcasting service (BC) and satellite broadcasting service (BSS) in the 690-720 MHz band) - an ECP was approved which proposes amending footnote 5.311 of the Radio Regulation (RR) and Resolution 545 (WRC-03) so as to adjust the protection of current and future terrestrial services, taking into account the GE-06 plan, as well as BSS filings with the ITU up to July 2003. This protection will be carried out by the approval of hard limits for the protection of BC and aeronautic radionavigation service.
- Item 1.17 (on the allocation of spectrum to MSS feeder links in the bands around 1.4 GHz) - an ECP was approved which proposes ending allocation of the 1390-1392 MHz and 1430-1432 MHz bands to the MSS feeder links - an allocation approved at WRC-03.
- Item 1.20 (on revision of the power limits for undesirable emissions from active services for greater protection of passive services) - a two-part ECP was approved, with one part on the protection of EESS (passive) in the 1400-1427 MHz band and the other on the same protection, but in the 23 GHz, 31 GHz, 50 GHz and 52 GHz bands.
- Item 1.21 (on compatibility between radio-astronomy service and active space services) - the inclusion of co-ordination limits in Resolution 739 was approved for the studied frequency band pairs. These co-ordination limits cannot impose undue restrictions on active services, especially in the case of services associated with security.
As for PT3, in charge of issues involving fixed (FS), fixed satellite (FSS), aeronautic mobile (AMS) and aeronautic radionavigation (ARNS) services, the meeting approved the revision and consequent updating of the Briefs and of the draft ECPs concerning the following WRC-07 agenda items:
- Item 1.5 (on spectrum needs for broadband telemetry and aeronautic telecommand applications) - 105 MHz of additional spectrum was identified for such applications. The ECP proposes accommodating these requirements in the 5 GHz band (5030-5250 MHz).
- Item 1.6 (on the identification of spectrum between 108 MHz and 6 GHz for aeronautic mobile en route service - AM(R)S) - an ECP was approved which proposes allocating the 112-117.975 MHz and 960-1164 MHz bands, and also the 5 GHz bands, with primary status, at global level.
- Item 1.8 (on frequency band sharing criteria for high altitude platforms (HAPs) - a probable new CEPT position was discussed, on eventually favouring allocation of the bands from 28 to 31 GHz to HAPs at global level. These bands are currently only allocated to the Region 3 (Asia) countries. It was concluded that CEPT should not go ahead with an ECP.
- Item 1.18 (on revision of the power limits for highly elliptical orbit satellite systems (HEO) applicable in the 17.7-19.7 GHz band) - an ECP was approved with proposals to revise the current power flow density limits included in Article 21 of the Radio Regulation and which are applicable to such satellite systems for the protection of fixed service.
- Item 1.19 (on spectrum requirements in harmonised FSS bands, for internet applications by means of global satellite broadband systems) - an ECP was approved which proposes making no regulatory change to allocate new frequency bands, as those allocated by WRC-03 for high density fixed satellite service (HDFSS) applications are enough to satisfy this item.
This page was:
More information on site statistics
Services and Useful Information
Tenders for the selection of provider(s) of universal service of electronic communications
Consultation on the draft decision on billing and collection of penalties applied to the beneficiaries of the Reference Poles Access Offer of PTC - comments until 21.06.2013
ANACOM Conference 2013 - Financing the future, 01.07.2013
World Radiocommunication Conference 2015 (WRC-15), Geneva, 2-27.11.2015
Positions, clarifications and statements issued by ANACOM between 2004 and 2013
Access the services which we provide electronically
FAQ on Audiotext, Digital Terrestrial Television - DTT, International Roaming, Licences for land mobile service private radiocommunications networks, Local Loop Unbundling, Message-Based value Added Services, National Numbering Plan, Operator Portability, R&TTE Regulatory Framework, Telephone Service at a Fixed Location and Universal Service, VoIP