- > Notice no. 11914-A/2000, of 1 of August
- > Launches the IMT2000/UMTS public tender
- > B. International Mobile Telecommunications System (IMT2000/UMTS)
- > XIII. Public tenders and auctions
- > Legislation
- > Home Page
Published in D.R. number 176 (Series II) of 1 August 2000
Ministério do Equipamento Social (Minister of Social Equipment)
Gabinete do Ministro (Minister's Office)
By the present notice, we hereby inform that by despatch of the Minister of Social Equipment of 1 August 2000, a public tender has been launched for the attribution of four licences of a national scope for International Mobile Telecommunication Systems (IMT2000/UMTS), under the following terms:
1. The object of the public tender is to attribute four licences of a national scope for International Mobile Telecommunication Systems (IMT2000/UMTS), for a 15-year period. These may be renewed and are aimed at the use of 2 x 15 MHz shared spectrum in the 1920-1980 MHz / 2110-2170 MHz bands and 5 MHz of non-shared spectrum in the 1900-1920 MHz band, for each of the licences. Furthermore, after examining the technological systems to be licensed, it shall fall upon the Instituto das Comunicações de Portugal (ICP) to determine which are the necessary bands to secure within the spectrum indicated for use.
2. The tender shall be promoted by ICP, with head offices in Avenida José Malhoa, no. 12, 1099 - 017 Lisbon.
3. The tender shall be governed by the provisions of Decree-Law no. 381-A/97, of 30 December, in the Tender Regulations approved by Administrative Ruling no. 532-A/2000, of 31 July and in the clauses of the Book of Specifications approved by despatch of the Minister of Social Equipment of 1 August 2000.
4. The licences shall be governed by the provisions referred to in point 3 and the legislation applicable to the communications sector.
5. The book of specifications can be purchased every working day at the public service department of ICP's head office, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., for the amount of PTE 300,000 (three hundred thousand escudos) or 1,496.39 Euros (one thousand four hundred and ninety-six Euros and thirty-nine cents) per copy, excluding VAT.
6. The period for submitting tenders shall end at 4:00 p.m. on 29 September 2000.
7. Bids must be handed in at ICP, under the terms prescribed by article 10 of the Tender Regulations and in the Book of Specifications.
8. The public act of tender for opening the bids shall take place at 10:00 a.m. on the 2nd working day following the date referred to in point 6, in accordance with the notice to be published by ICP in the press, which will also set the place where it is to be held.
9. Bidders must pay a provisional bond to the amount of PTE 80,000,000 (eighty million escudos) or 399,038.32 Euros (three hundred and ninety-nine thousand and thirty-eight Euros and thirty-two cents), in order to guarantee the commitment undertaken upon proposal presentation and the obligations inherent to the tender, under the terms foreseen in article 6 of the Tender Regulations.
10. The entities, to which licences are attributed under the terms of the present tender, must increase the bond to the amount of PTE 500,000,000 (five hundred million escudos) or 2,493,989.49 Euros (two million, four hundred and ninety-three thousand, nine hundred and eighty nine Euros and forty-nine cents), thus complying with the provisions of article 21 of the Tender Regulations.
August 1, 2000 - Head of the Cabinet, Mateus Roque.