Notice no. 11914-A/2000, of 1 of August
Published in D.R. number 176 (Series II) of 1 August 2000
(This is not an official translation of the law)
Ministério do Equipamento Social (Minister of Social Equipment)
Gabinete do Ministro (Minister's Office)
By the present notice, we hereby inform that by despatch of the Minister of Social Equipment of 1 August 2000, a public tender has been launched for the attribution of four licences of a national scope for International Mobile Telecommunication Systems (IMT2000/UMTS), under the following terms:
1. The object of the public tender is to attribute four licences of a national scope for International Mobile Telecommunication Systems (IMT2000/UMTS), for a 15-year period. These may be renewed and are aimed at the use of 2 x 15 MHz shared spectrum in the 1920-1980 MHz / 2110-2170 MHz bands and 5 MHz of non-shared spectrum in the 1900-1920 MHz band, for each of the licences. Furthermore, after examining the technological systems to be licensed, it shall fall upon the Instituto das Comunicações de Portugal (ICP) to determine which are the necessary bands to secure within the spectrum indicated for use.
2. The tender shall be promoted by ICP, with head offices in Avenida José Malhoa, no. 12, 1099 - 017 Lisbon.
3. The tender shall be governed by the provisions of Decree-Law no. 381-A/97, of 30 December, in the Tender Regulations approved by Administrative Ruling no. 532-A/2000, of 31 July and in the clauses of the Book of Specifications approved by despatch of the Minister of Social Equipment of 1 August 2000.
4. The licences shall be governed by the provisions referred to in point 3 and the legislation applicable to the communications sector.
5. The book of specifications can be purchased every working day at the public service department of ICP's head office, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., for the amount of PTE 300,000 (three hundred thousand escudos) or 1,496.39 Euros (one thousand four hundred and ninety-six Euros and thirty-nine cents) per copy, excluding VAT.
6. The period for submitting tenders shall end at 4:00 p.m. on 29 September 2000.
7. Bids must be handed in at ICP, under the terms prescribed by article 10 of the Tender Regulations and in the Book of Specifications.
8. The public act of tender for opening the bids shall take place at 10:00 a.m. on the 2nd working day following the date referred to in point 6, in accordance with the notice to be published by ICP in the press, which will also set the place where it is to be held.
9. Bidders must pay a provisional bond to the amount of PTE 80,000,000 (eighty million escudos) or 399,038.32 Euros (three hundred and ninety-nine thousand and thirty-eight Euros and thirty-two cents), in order to guarantee the commitment undertaken upon proposal presentation and the obligations inherent to the tender, under the terms foreseen in article 6 of the Tender Regulations.
10. The entities, to which licences are attributed under the terms of the present tender, must increase the bond to the amount of PTE 500,000,000 (five hundred million escudos) or 2,493,989.49 Euros (two million, four hundred and ninety-three thousand, nine hundred and eighty nine Euros and forty-nine cents), thus complying with the provisions of article 21 of the Tender Regulations.
August 1, 2000 - Head of the Cabinet, Mateus Roque.
This page was:
· view 364
· printed 0
· subscribed 20
More information on site statistics
Information available in this area: Legislation; Determinations on ADSL offers from PT Comunicações; Statistical information to be provided by public telec.network operators; Interconnection; Traffic ownership; Significant market power; Reference interconnection offer; General and prior conditions to the negotiation of interconnection agreements; Interconnection agreements; Prices; Internet access; Selection and pre-selection of operator; Cost model for the fixed telecommunications network
This area contains a range of information on broadband Internet access, including ANACOM’s powers and initiatives, the national and community legislation in force, the complementary measures adopted by ANACOM, statistics, studies and several reports.
Obtain information on the applicable regime, consult adopted determinations and the offers of the concessionaire in this area and follow the respective developments through related information.
Information available in this area: legislation; news and press releases on DT; licence granted; archive on Conference on Digital Terrestrial Television - DVB-T (2000).
Information available in this area: ANACOM's duties; Legislation (Portuguese and European Union Law); Relevant studies and work.
A new area has been made developed on emergency communications with information about the varied remit of ANACOM and current Europena Union and national legislation, studies and reports and links of interest.
This area comprises all the available information on each of the relevant markets identified by ANACOM, in compliance with Regicom and Commission Recommendation 2003/311/EC, of 11 February 2003.
This area contains a wide range of information on the regulatory framework for electronic communications, both as adopted in the European Union in 2002 and as approved in 2009.
ITED - ITUR
Find out about ANACOM's participation in international sectorial bodies, such as IRG, ERG, CEPT, ITU and UPU.
Here you can get a range of useful information about roaming, in particular about what you will have to pay for calls or your voicemail when using your mobile abroad.
Fully aware of the modernisation challenges faced by the industry and the need to ensure high quality products and services, ANACOM is endowed with three specialised laboratories, with which it helps further national technological development.
Information available in this area: legislation, complementary determinations on the PTC's cost accounting system; entities with significant market power, quality of leased lines service, reformulation and suspension of leased lines offer; information about prices; national and international studies and reports.
Information available in this area: Determinations of ICP-ANACOM; Reference Unbundling Offer (RUO) (PTC); EU and IRG Initiatives; Working Group; Public Survey on LLU; FAQ's.
Information available in this area: Legislation; determinations on IMT-2000/UMTS , voice mail , informative services , significant market power, adhesion contracts, portability - Information to consumers, survey on quality of service of mobile (QoS-GSM), other relevant information about IMT-2000/UMTS; ERMES, Mobile Communications in Portugal.
Information available in this area: legislation; complementary determinations on portability, selection and pre-selection, virtual phone cards, Portuguese numbering plan, public consultations; ETO; FAQ's.
Online Services - Access to interactive electronic Forms.
Information available in this area: national and EU legislation, CTT's development plan, quality of service and overall complaints; prices and postal tariffs for 2003; statement of compliance of CTT's cost accounting system; audit to the service quality indicators of CTT; conventions; quality reports; european studies; licences/authorizations.
Information available in this area: R&TTE Regulatory Framework; reasons of the R&TTE framework adoption; applicable equipment; information about Essential requirements; conformity assessment procedures; notification to Anacom; publication of interfaces by operators; publication of technical specifications; inspection (market surveillance); spectrum authorities.
Information available in this area: Legislation; Electronic Communications Committee Decisions; Exposure to electromagnetic radiation and related issues; useful links; data base and useful information about audio broadcast operators; television broadcast operators; personal radio service - citizen band.
Information available in this area: sector's organization; operators' list; licences/authorizations granted by ANACOM; codes of providers and telecommunications services.
Information available in this area: legislation; determinations on Fixed Telephone Service and Universal Service, public pay phones, adhesion contracts, public consultation; information on liberalization communications; consumer rights; FAQ's and Publications.
This area contains information on the Portuguese Committee of URSI - International Union of Radio Science. The work of this Committee is organised by ANACOM.
Services and Useful Information
Tenders for the selection of provider(s) of universal service of electronic communications
ANACOM Conference 2013 - Financing the future, 01.07.2013
World Radiocommunication Conference 2015 (WRC-15), Geneva, 2-27.11.2015
Positions, clarifications and statements issued by ANACOM between 2004 and 2013
Access the services which we provide electronically
FAQ on Audiotext, Digital Terrestrial Television - DTT, International Roaming, Licences for land mobile service private radiocommunications networks, Local Loop Unbundling, Message-Based value Added Services, National Numbering Plan, Operator Portability, R&TTE Regulatory Framework, Telephone Service at a Fixed Location and Universal Service, VoIP