The Commission encourages:
- The study of all frequencies in a non-ionised environment:
- wave propagation through planetary, neutral atmospheres and surfaces;
- wave interaction with the planetary surfaces (including land, ocean and ice), and subsurfaces;
- characterisation of the environment as it affects wave phenomena;
- The application of the results of these studies, particularly in the areas of remote sensing and communications;
- The appropriate co-operation with other URSI Commissions and other relevant organisations.