Bilateral relations with Spain, in the area of communications, are based on a cooperation protocol which was established in October 1992 between the Directorate General of Telecommunications of Spain and the then Instituto das Comunicações de Portugal (ICP). Since then, the contacts of an institutional nature have been developed on an ongoing and almost informal basis in the different forum in which both countries participate, with greater focus on issues related to the radio spectrum.
With respect to participation in international sector organizations, a close and constant relationship has been maintained, particularly of informal coordination on issues of common interest. It was in this spirit that in November 2006, the XXII Portuguese-Spanish Summit took place and it was also in this framework that more recently in 2008, Portugal and Spain, together with the ITU, established an Agreement of Understanding with the aim of creating Centres of Excellence in Africa.
- ANACOM - CNCM bilateral meeting https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1457192
- Bilateral ANACOM-CNMC meeting - Barcelona https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1393796
- Meeting with the Spanish State Secretary for Telecommunications - Lisbon https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1389696
- Bilateral ANACOM-CNMC meeting - Lisbon https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1234692
- ANACOM-CMT institutional interchange https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1057598