The Plenipotentiary Conference (PP) is the highest body of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and meets every four years. The PP is charged with establishing ITU policy and strategy, and also with setting its budget. The works of the conference are based on the reports which are submitted to it by the Council (the body responsible for the management of the Union between Conferences), and on the proposals put forward by the ITU’s Member States.
The PP of 2010, from 4 to 22 October, hosted in Guadalajara (Mexico), is of key importance to the ITU’s future. It is essential that an examination is carried out of the current and future management of the ITU, that new and more efficient forms of management are sought and that amendments are made to the basic instruments of the ITU currently in force – the Constitution and Convention. One of the major themes of the PP-10 is the elections which are held to the Council and to the various posts - Secretary-General, Vice Secretary-General, directors of the departments of the three sectors (Standardization, ITU-T, Radiocommunication – ITU-R and Development – ITU-D) and members of the Radio Regulations Board (RRB).
- ITU Plenipotentiary Conference 2010 (PP-10) http://www.itu.int/plenipotentiary/2010/index.html
Related information on ANACOM's website:
- Completion of works of the Plenipotentiary Conference (PP-10) of ITU https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1056728
- Common European Proposals discussed at ITU's PP-10 https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1055978
- Results of the elections at the ITU Plenipotentiary Conference (PP-10) https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1054849
- 18th ITU Plenipotentiary Conference begins https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1053922
- The ITU Plenipotentiary Conference in Mexico - from 04 to 22.10.2010 https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1052218
- Portugal subscribes to common European proposals to be presented at PP-10 of ITU https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1029777