The investment made by ICP in 2000 was PTE 892 million, 31% less than what was budgeted for the period under review.
INVESTMENT MADE IN THE PERIOD 1989 - 2000 YEAR
|PTE 103||Euros 103|
The investment made in 2000 was higher than ICP's annual average, which is approximately, PTE 800 million.
What indeed contributed to this level of investment was the following:
- Substitution of the telephone exchanges of the Head Office, Barcarena and Oporto, in the order of PTE 73,808,000.
- Fitting out and technical renovation of the IT systems - hardware and software, in the order of PTE 598,870,000.
- Fitting out and annual renovation of the Institute's fleet of vehicles, in the order of PTE 31,565,000.
- Improvement in buildings owned by the Institute, in the order of PTE 91,612,000.
- Fitting out and renovation of various basic equipment pieces necessary for the technical areas of the Institute, in the order of PTE 36,495,000.
- Fitting out and renovation of administrative equipment, especially substitution of photocopying machines, acquisition of furniture, etc., in the order of PTE 23,157,000.
- Improvement and refurbishment works in buildings not belonging to ICP, in the order of PTE 36,413,000.
The net worth undergo any significant changes, where it may be useful to point out that the gross sum of the fixed assets this year once again registered an increase compared with the previous year (6.9%). As accumulated amortization and depreciation also increased just as did the gross fixed assets, the net book value remained very much the same as in 1999.
EVOLUTION IN FIXED ASSETS
VAR 00/99 Gross fixed assets
6,9% Amortization and depreciation
12,2% Net fixed assets
Unit: PTE 106 e Euros 106
It may be pointed out that the investment effort made by ICP was designed to keep up with the pace of technological development in the field, both domestically and internationally. And this is reflected in the increase in gross fixed assets being higher than amortization and depreciation, although the accumulated sum of the latter continues to increase in absolute terms.
The variation in the fixed assets as per major items is what is shown in the following chart:
VARIATION IN FIXED ASSETS
Total Investment in the year
4.449 Deferred costs - refurbishing works
-573 Investment in tangible fixed assets
3.876 Amortization and depreciation in the fiscal year
2 Reduction in the net fixed assets
Unit: PTE 103 e Euros 103