The European Commission (EC) has gathered information on the state of implementation, in the Member States of the European Union (EU), of the numbers starting with ''116'', reserved for harmonised services of social value.
According to the data made available, twenty-three countries have completed the preparatory work for assignment of the numbers: 116000 ''Hotline for missing children''; 116111 ''Child helplines''; and 116123 ''Emotional support helplines''. Of these, six Member States have adopted the 116000 number and six have also adopted the 116111 number, including Portugal. The 116123 has been assigned in four Member States.
- Nota de imprensa da Comissão: Implementation of common European numbers for social services is progressing, but more could be done http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=4079
- Decision 2007/698/EC of the Commission of 29 October 2007 http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32007D0698&qid=1433425348329&from=EN
- Decision 2007/116/EC of the Commission of 15 February 2007 http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32007D0116&qid=1433424961503&from=PT
Related information on ANACOM's website:
- Designation of numbering range ''116'' for harmonised services of social value https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=252286
- ''116'' numbers for harmonised services of social value https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=535794
- Harmonised services of social value within ''116'' numbering range https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=518466
- ''116'' Europe-wide freephone number - consultation launched https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=468381