Up to 19 May this year, comments may be addressed to the European Commission on the harmonised use of radio spectrum, taking into consideration the introduction of equipment using ultra-wideband (UWB) technology. Comments must be sent by email to email@example.com.
It is expected that the Radio Spectrum Committee, in its next meeting scheduled for June 29th 2006, puts forward an Opinion on a draft technical implementing measure to be taken in this scope pursuant to Decision 676/2002/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 7 March 2002, on a regulatory framework for radio spectrum policy in the European Community (Radio Spectrum Decision).
According to this Decision, the Commission may adopt technical implementing measures to ensure harmonised conditions with regard to the availability and efficient use of the radio spectrum, necessary for the establishment and functioning of the European Union (EU) internal market. Aiming at the development of these technical implementing measures, the Commission has issued two mandates to the European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT). Based on the CEPT work, the Commission shall decide whether the corresponding measures are to apply in the EU or whether other measures, deemed more appropriate to achieve the objectives, should be adopted.
In both cases, the measures adopted by the Commission, in the form of a Decision, are first subject to an Opinion on the part of the Radio Spectrum Committee.
- Doc. Comissão Europeia http://europa.eu.int/information_society/policy/radio_spectrum/docs/by_topics/a_invit_for_comments_uwb2.doc
- Comissão Europeia - sítio sobre o espectro radioeléctrico (em inglês) http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/policy/ecomm/radio_spectrum/index_en.htm
- Mandatos emitidos pela Comissão à CEPT http://europa.eu/
- ECC Decision - ECC/DEC/(06)04 https://docdb.cept.org/download/1611
Related information on ANACOM's website:
- EU - European Union https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=66653
- CEPT - European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=66662
- Spectrum management https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=44374