On 27 July, the Assembly of the Republic debated the Government’s proposed Law 3/ XII which, by amendment to the Lei das Comunicações Electrónicas (Electronic Communications Law – Law no.. 5/2004 of 10 February), sets out to implement the regime established by the following Community acts into national legislation:
- Directive no. 2009/140/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009 amending Directives 2002/21/EC on a common regulatory framework for electronic communications networks and services (Framework Directive);
- Directive no. 2002/19/EC on access to, and interconnection of, electronic communications networks and associated facilities (Access Directive);
- Directive no. 2002/20/EC on the authorisation of electronic communications networks and services (Authorisation Directive);
- Directive 2009/136/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009, insofar as it amends Directive 2002/22/EC on universal service and users’ rights relating to electronic communications networks and services (Universal Service Directive).
- Proposta de Lei 3/XII http://www.parlamento.pt/ActividadeParlamentar/Paginas/DetalheIniciativa.aspx?BID=36353