A meeting of the Council of Ministers of Transport, Telecommunications and Energy of the European Union (EU) took place on 11 and 12 June 2015 in Luxembourg, presided over by Anrijs Matiss, Latvian Minister of Transport.
Key conclusions in terms of telecommunications include:
- State of play on the proposals for a single market (roaming and net neutrality), currently being negotiated with the European Parliament (EP);
- State of play on the network and information security proposal, also being negotiated with the European Parliament;
- Adoption of a general approach regarding a programme on interoperability solutions for European public administrations, citizens and businesses (ISA), which aims to support electronic interaction between sectors and countries;
- The adoption of conclusions on the transfer of the stewardship of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) functions to the multi-stakeholder community;
- Debate on the digital single market strategy adopted by the Commission in May 2015;
- A look at the progress made on a proposal to make public sector websites more accessible.
- Transport, Telecommunications and Energy Council, 11-12/06/2015 http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/meetings/tte/2015/06/11-12/