The European Commission has announced the winners of the first edition of the European Broadband Awards:
- Breitband Nordhessen (Germany) - category on cost savings and co-investment;
- guifi.net (Spain) - category on innovative model of financing, business and investment;
- RAIN II (Lithuania) - category on socio-economic impact and affordability;
- CAI Harderwijk (Netherlands) - category on open-access and competition;
- Stokab(Sweden) - category on future proof and quality of service.
The competition saw entries from some 48 projects from 17 Member States; these were evaluated by a panel of five international experts in the fields of broadband, telecommunications, systems science, economics and management.
- European Commission launches broadband competition https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1360150
- Five projects get first ever European Broadband award https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/news/five-projects-got-first-ever-european-broadband-award