Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council laying down the abolition of roaming tariffs within the European Union (EU) and open Internet access came into force on 29 November 2015, three days following its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union.
Meanwhile, the European Commission has launched a public consultation on the technical measures necessary to implement the abolition of roaming tariffs in the EU from June 2017. Contributions can be sent until 18 February 2016 and will support the review of national roaming markets at wholesale level, the definition of a fair use policy and preparation of a sustainability mechanism.
- TSM Regulation (2015/2120 of 25 November 2015) https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=384271
- Approval given to the end of roaming and to open Internet access in 2017 https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1370731
- Regulation (EU) 2015/2120 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 25.11.2015 http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32015R2120&qid=1449072244489&from=PT
- Public consultation: Have your say on measures related to the end of roaming charges in the EU https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/news/public-consultation-future-roaming
- Infographic: Roaming when travelling in the EU https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/news/infographic-roaming-when-travelling-eu