Brussels hosted last 3-4 February the 23rd meeting of the working group on Electromagnetic Compatibility, the 42nd meeting of the Telecommunications Conformity Assessment and Market Surveillance Committee (TCAM) and the 8th meeting of the TCAM Experts Group.
The meetings were chaired by the European Commission (EC) and attended by representatives from various member states, the Association of Notified Bodies, standardisation bodies and relevant and consumer organisations.
Highlights of the matters considered include the following:
- EMC Directive (2014/30/EU) – the EMC Guide is being prepared and should be completed by March 2016. This EMC Guide and the Blue Guide will serve to support application of the EMC Directive;
- The EC presented a text for the transition period for terminal equipment that shift from the Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment (R&TTE) Directive to the EMC Directive, which should be included in the conformity declarations issued by manufacturers: “The object of the declaration described above is in conformity with the relevant Union harmonisation legislation: Directive 1999/5/EC (until 12 June 2016), Directive 2014/30/EU (from 13 June 2016) and Directive 2014/35/EU (from 13 June 2016)”;
- The next European market control campaign for 2016/2017 in the scope of the EMC Directive will focus on inductive products;
- Radio Equipment Directive (2014/53/EU) – the Radio Equipment Directive (RED) Guide is being prepared and should be completed in April 2016. This RED Guide and the Blue Guide will serve to support application of the RED Directive;
- The report from the seventh market control campaign dedicated to unmanned flight systems (better known as drones) in the 2.4 GHz frequency band has been published on the EC website;
- The next European market control campaign, in 2016, will focus on remote control toys;
- ADCO R&TTE will have a new designation after mid-March 2016: ADCO RED.
The next meetings will be held on 10, 22 and 23 June 2016.