The 68th ETSI General Assembly (GA) was held last 29-30 November in Sophia Antipolis, France.
The main topics dealt with at this GA were:
- elections for the positions of GA chair and chair of the special committee for Intellectual Property Rights, with election of the positions’ current incumbents;
- proposals to create a new committee for open source software and an informal group for small and medium sized companies, both of which were rejected;
- revision of article 18.1, which lays down the procedure to settle disputes between ETSI members, but which following the discussions maintained exactly the same wording, which was still considered the most suitable;
- ETSI’s long-term strategy, which was approved as submitted to the plenary session;
- the progress report on budget execution and presentation of the 2017 budget.
The next ETSI GA will be held in Sophia Antipolis on 4-5 April 2017.