The ERGP plenary meeting was held last 25 November and approved the following documents:
- ERGP strategy for the 2017-2019 three-year period;
- report on comparative methods to analyse the efficiency of postal operators;
- report on universal service in the context of changing user needs;
- report on quality of service;
- complaint handling and consumer protection (and respective report flash);
- report on key indicators for supervising the European postal market (and respective flash);
- report on development of end-to-end competition and on regulated access in the context of changes to the legal system governing discounts;
- internal report on transparency of online vendors and consumers with respect to delivery of e-commerce orders.
Also approved was the ERGP working programme for 2017; a public consultation on this document is under way until 5 January 2017.
The plenary meeting was preceded on 24 November by an internal workshop on ERGP efficiency, which debated the transparency, visibility, internal organisation and operational efficiency of the ERGP.