Safer Internet Day, organised jointly by the European Internet Safety Network (InSafe) and the International Association of Internet Hotlines (INHOPE) is being held on 07 February 2017, with support from the European Commission.
The slogan for this year's event - "Be the change: Unite for a better internet” – was chosen to raise awareness and instil knowledge with a view to ensuring safer use of the Internet among citizens and especially among children and young people.
In Portugal, the Consórcio do Centro Internet Segura (Consortium of the Safe Internet Centre) is organising a “Safer Internet Day Seminar” to debate how the Internet might transform our lives for the better. The Consortium’s members include FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (Foundation for Science and Technology), Instituto Português do Desporto e Juventude (Portuguese Institute of Youth and Sport), Direção-Geral da Educação (Directorate-General for Education), Fundação PT and Microsoft Portugal, with support from DNS.pt.
There will also be a dissemination session taking place on Safer Internet Day via video-conference, focusing on use of the Internet and mobile devices. The session is targetted at students and school children and the entire education community in Portugal and aboard, including schools in groupings, individual schools and private and cooperative schools. The session will be conducted by the Directorate-General for Education’s Resources and Educational Technologies Team.
As in previous academic years, the SeguraNet Project has invited all schools to organise activities, during the month of February, related to digital safety.
- Safer Internet Day 2017: be the change and unite for a better internet on 7 February https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/safer-internet-day-2017-be-change-and-unite-better-internet-7-february
- Safer Internet Day - Insafe https://www.saferinternetday.org/
- Internet segura.pt https://www.internetsegura.pt/
- Seguranet http://www.seguranet.pt/
- Portuguese Safer Internet Centre https://www.saferinternetday.org/web/portugal/sid