On 26 January 2017, ANACOM approved a decision identifying the undertakings required to contribute to the electronic communications universal service compensation fund. The decision also sets the value of the contributions in relation to the net costs of universal service (NCUS) to be given compensation in respect of the period 2012-2013 (NCUS approved in 2015) and 2015 (the period subsequent to designation of the universal service providers by tender).
ANACOM determined the following:
- Correction of the values of eligible turnover reported by certain companies for the purposes of calculating overall turnover for 2015, including adjustments made as a result of auditing and analysis conducted by ANACOM.
- The sum of 4,344,430,220.67 euros as overall sector turnover in respect of 2015.
- The list of undertakings and the value of each undertaking's contribution for the following purposes:
- compensation of NCUS in respect of 2015, referring to universal service provided by NOS Comunicações under contracts concluded with the Portuguese State for the universal service provision of connection to a public communications network at a fixed location and publicly available telephone services;
- compensation of NCUS in respect of 2015, referring to universal service provided by MEO - Serviços de Comunicações e Multimédia (MEO) under contracts concluded with the Portuguese State for the universal service provision of public pay-telephones;
- compensation of NCUS in respect of 2015, referring to universal service provided by MEO, as provider of the universal service provision of a comprehensive telephone directory service and comprehensive directory enquiries service.
- A period of 20 working days, following notification of the final decision, for payment of the contributions identified in the preceding paragraph.
- That MEO is not required to remit the value of the contribution due in respect of the 2015 NCUS, given that the amount of compensation to which the operator is entitled as universal service provider exceeds the sum payable, whereby its overall contribution will be deducted from the value of compensation.
Approval was also given to the report of the prior hearing to which the respective draft decision was submitted, following ANACOM’s decision of 15 December 2016.
- Undertakings required to contribute to the electronic communications universal service compensation fund and the value of contributions in respect of 2012-2013 and 2015 https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1404549