The European Parliament has approved an informal agreement reached by representatives of the European Parliament, the Council and the European Commission on 31 January 2017 on the maximum wholesale roaming charges to be applied from 15 June 2017.
This informal agreement determines the following maximum wholesale prices:
- Voice calls - 0.032 euros per minute.
- Text messages - 0.01 euros per message.
- Mobile data - a progressive reduction to 7.7 euros per gigabyte (from 15 June), then to 6 euros (from 1 January 2018), 4.5 euros (from 1 January 2019), 3.5 euros (from 1 January 2020), 3 euros (from 1 January 2021) and to 2.5 euros (from 1 January 2022).
- European Parliament approves wholesale roaming prices https://ec.europa.eu/commission/news/european-parliament-approves-wholesale-roaming-prices_en
- End of roaming: final hurdle cleared http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/20170329IPR69066/end-of-roaming-final-hurdle-cleared