Estonia has taken over the presidency of the Council of the European Union (EU) from 1 July to 31 December 2017, initiating the presidential triumvirate with Bulgaria (1st half of 2018) and Austria (2nd half of 2018).
The top priorities announced for the next 6 months are:
- An open and innovative European economy.
- A safe and secure Europe.
- A digital Europe and the free movement of data.
- An inclusive and sustainable Europe.
- Estonian Presidency of the Council of the European Union https://www.eu2017.ee/