The "Study on costs of switching providers of jointly-billed electronic communications services"1 has been made available for consultation. The study was carried out by QMETRICS - Serviços de Consultadoria, Gestão e Avaliação da Qualidade e Satisfação, following a public tender conducted by ANACOM.
The main objective of this study is to analyse the costs related to switching providers of jointly-billed electronic communications services, from the point of view of users of electronic communications and also from the perspective of the providers of these services.
Additionally, the study aims to:
- Compare Portugal to situations in other countries and to best regulatory practice in this area.
- Present an overview of the regulatory framework governing provider-switching in the electronic communications sector in Portugal and in other countries, as well as the impact that this provider-switching will have on the need for regulatory intervention.
- Analyse the strategy of the main players in the electronic communications sector as regards the provider-switching process, identifying the various axes of action and positioning in the market.
- Explore and understand the opinions and perceptions of those responsible for switching or not switching electronic communications services.
The detailed conclusions of this study will be presented in a workshop whose date will be published in due course.
1 This study, including its respective premises and conclusions, is the sole responsibility of its authors, and in no way commits or binds ANACOM to any specific position.
- Study on the costs of switching providers of jointly-billed electronic communications services https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1414296