Safer Internet Day was celebrated on 11 February 2020, promoted by the European Internet Safety Network (InSafe) and by the International Association of Internet Hotlines (INHOPE), with the support of the European Commission, and is currently funded by the Mecanismo Interligar a Europa - CEF (Connecting Europe Facility).
This initiative, under the theme chosen for 2020 of ''Juntos por uma Internet melhor'' (Together for a better Internet), aims to promote the conscious, responsible, critical and creative use of technologies, especially by children and young people, and encourage all market agents to play their role towards a better Internet.
Various initiatives will take place at a national level to mark the date, among which, in particular, the seminar 'Faz delete ao cyberbullying!'' (Delete cyberbullying!), organised by the Consórcio Centro Internet Segura (Safe Internet Centre Consortium). National and European specialists will participate in this meeting, as well as a panel of young people, who will convey perspectives and testimonials on how to prevent and act against this phenomenon that is transversal throughout society.
- Eurocid - Dia da Internet Mais Segura https://eurocid.mne.gov.pt/eventos/dia-da-internet-mais-segura
- Seminário Dia da Internet mais Segura 2020 - Consórcio Centro Internet Segura https://www.dge.mec.pt/noticias/tic-na-educacao/seminario-dia-da-internet-mais-segura-2020-consorcio-centro-internet-segura
- SeguraNet - Dia da Internet Mais Segura 2020 https://www.seguranet.pt/pt/noticias/dia-da-internet-mais-segura-2020
- Portal da Juventude - Dia da Internet Mais Segura | Seminário ''Faz delete ao Cyberbullying'' http://juventude.gov.pt/Eventos/Cidadania/Paginas/Dia-Internet-mais-Segura-2020.aspx
- Comissão Nacional da UNESCO https://www.unescoportugal.mne.pt/pt/noticias/seminario-por-ocasiao-do-dia-da-internet-mais-segura-2020-11-de-fevereiro
- Safer Internet Day https://www.saferinternetday.org/