The 85th meeting of the ECC’s WG SE was held by videoconference last 11-13 and 18-20 May, attended by about 57 participants, including observers from the European Communications Office (ECO) and the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) and representatives from industry and/or operators: APWPT e. V., Bolt&Yurdal Consulting ApS, DECT Forum, Deutsche Bahn AG, EUMETNET/ESA/EUMETSAT, FBConsulting Sarl, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Italia, IARU Region 1, Microsoft, Nokia, RED Technologies (representanto a Globalstar), Robert Bosch GmbH, UIC/DB Netz AG (Deutsche Bahn) and Wi-Fi Alliance.
The following documents were approved for publication, after the consultation phase:
- ECC Report 313 – Coexistence between RMR in the 900 MHz range and other applications in adjacent bands;
- ECC Report 314 – Coexistence between Future Railway Mobile Communication System (FRMCS) in the frequency range 1900-1920 MHz and other applications in adjacent bands;
- Addendum of ECC Report 200 – Coexistence studies for proposed SRD and RFID applications in the frequency band 870-876 MHz and 915-921 MHz;
- ECC Report 315 – Feasibility of spectrum sharing between High-Definition Ground Based Synthetic Aperture Radar (HD-GBSAR) application using 1 GHz bandwidth within 74-81 GHz and existing services and applications;.
- ECC Report 316 – Sharing studies assessing short-term interference from Wireless Access Systems including Radio Local Area Networks (WAS/RLAN) into Fixed Service in the frequency band 5925-6425 MHz;
- Revision of ECC Report 247 – Description of the software tool for processing of measurements data of IRIDIUM satellites at the Leeheim station.
The following documents were adopted on a preliminary basis and forwarded for consultation:
- Draft ECC Report 319 – Sharing and compatibility implications of high-capacity P-P systems using a single channel instead of two adjacent channels with the same total bandwidth;
- Draft ECC Report 320 – Band and carrier aggregation in fixed point-to-point systems;
- Draft ECC Report 321- RF Test methods and test results for wind turbines in relation to the Radioastronomy Service.
Creation of tasks for the following teams was approved:
- SE07_32 – Use of the 2483.5-2500 MHz band by terrestrial LTE networks: private low-power LTE networks in the MSS downlink band (2483.5-2500 MHz), assuming that they will not use the complementary ground component (CGC) or be operated with the Globalstar satellite mobile system;
- SE19_46 - Update of report ECC 173 (fixed service use in the various bands);
- SE21_25 – Development of techniques and methodologies for determining the TRP of active 5G antenna systems by means of field measurements.
Note in particular that the work leading to introduction of railway communication and control systems in the 2290-2400 MHz band have been suspended until further guidelines are received from CEPT’s working group on Frequency Management (WG FM).
The next meeting of WG SE is due to be held between 28 September and 2 October.