On 22 June 2022, ANACOM approved the launch of a public consultation on making spectrum available in the 1500 MHz frequency band.
ANACOM is holding the consultation to compile the positions of different market participants (manufacturers, operators, private and public undertakings, users and others) on the availability of this spectrum, asking for responses to the following questions:
- Indicate (giving reasons) whether you have interest in the availability of the 1427-1517 MHz band for terrestrial electronic communications services in the next two years (2023-2024);
- if you are interested (supporting your answer with any additional relevant data), please provide details as to feasibility, indicating when you would expect network equipment and terminals to be available for terrestrial electronic communications services in this band;
- if there is no interest in the availability of this band for terrestrial electronic communications services by 2024, the band will be subject to a new public consultation; in this case please indicate, giving reasons, whether you expect the ecosystem to develop such that there may be an interest, following this new consultation, in the band’s availability for terrestrial electronic communications services;
- indicate, giving reasons, any other aspect that you consider important in relation to the availability of the 1427-1517 MHz band for terrestrial electronic communications services, such as the allocation mechanism, the size of the blocks to be made available and the amount (minimum and/or maximum) of spectrum considered necessary for commercial exploitation.
ANACOM has set a consultation period of 20 working days; interested parties should send their contributions no later than 26 July 2022, in writing and in Portuguese, by email to email@example.com.
Once the consultation process has been concluded, the contributions received will be made public. Therefore, for the purposes of publication on this website, interested parties should also submit a non-confidential version of their responses excluding items considered confidential.
- Launch of public consultation on making spectrum available in the 1500 MHz frequency band https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1724911
- Consultation on making spectrum available in the 1500 MHz frequency band https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1724923