The Board of Directors is responsible for defining and overseeing ANACOM's strategy and for the management of its operations and staff.
The Board of Directors is made up of a Chairman and two or four Members; where there are four Members, one is appointed Vice-Chairman. The Members of the Board of Directors are appointed by Resolution of the Council of Ministers, after hearing the competent committee of Assembleia da República (Assembly of the Republic), upon the request of the Government, with opinion given by CReSAP - Comissão de Recrutamento e Seleção para a Administração Pública (Portuguese Agency for the Selection and Recruitment of Senior Administration Officers) as regards the suitability of the candidate's profile in terms of the functions to be performed, including compliance with applicable rules governing incompatibilities and impediments. The Assembly of the Republic draws up and approves the report concerning the hearing and notifies the Government.
Members of the Board of Directors are appointed for non-renewable terms of six years. Where two or more members are appointed simultaneously, the terms of their office may not coincide and their duration must be specified to conclude no less than six months apart.
The members of the Board of Directors are subject to a specific regime of incompatibilities and impediments.
The current Chairman of ANACOM's Board of Directors is João Cadete de Matoshttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1416410, in office since 15 August 2017, for a term of six years.
The Board's Members are:
- João Miguel André Monteiro Coelhohttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1430726 (Vice-Chairman), in office since 9 February 2018 and with term until 31 December 2023;
- Patrícia Alexandra Martinho Correia da Silva Gonçalveshttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1714127, in office since 29 October 2021, for a term of six years;
- Manuel Francisco Magalhães Cabugueirahttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1430716, in office since 8 May 2023, for a term of six years.
Remuneration of the members of ANACOM's Board of Directors is established by ANACOM's Remuneration Committee of ANACOM, as under Lei-Quadro das Entidades Reguladorashttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1171776 (Framework Law of Regulatory Bodies- Law no. 67/2013 of 28 August, as amended by Law no. 12/2017 of 2 May) and in accordance with ANACOM's Statuteshttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1351851.
The Remuneration Committee is composed of three members: the first two appointed by Order no 5283-A/2017https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1411826 of the Minister of Finance and the Secretaries of State for Infrastructure, published on 14 June:
- Amílcar Augusto Contel Martins Theias (appointed by the member of the Government responsible for the area of finance);
- Nazaré Saldanha Póvoas da Costa Cabral (appointed by the member of the Government responsible for the area of communications);
- José Amado da Silva (appointed by ANACOM).
The members of ANACOM's Remuneration Committee do not receive any remuneration themselves and are not entitled to any other advantage or gift.
The Remuneration Committee report was approved on 28 June 2017, pursuant to article 25 of Lei-Quadro das Entidades Reguladoras (Regulatory Entities Framework Law).
- Resolução do Conselho de Ministros n.º 148/2021, publicada a 3 de novembro https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1709567
- Resolução do Conselho de Ministros n.º 16/2018, publicada a 23 de fevereiro https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1429870
- Resolução do Conselho de Ministros n.º 120/2017, publicada a 4 de setembro https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1416640
See also the history available in:
- Management Board https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=132959