- The public call for proposals is open for the promotion of actions of building awareness within the scope of the Action Plan on Promoting Safer Use of the Internet (Official Journal 2000/C 110/47, dated April 15th 2000).
- Proposals presented within the bounds of the said Action Plan related to illegal and harmful contents in the Internet must cover the following area: Promotion of actions of building awareness aimed at users, particularly children, parents and teachers, to allow them to use Internet resources with confidence. The budget for this call for proposals is - 4 million. Actions will be financed up to 50% of their costs.
- The actions must be developed in two phases. The first phase must identify the best ways of achieving the aims defined and will include pilot projects. In the second phase, organisations inthe Member States, such as consumer bodies or other relevant entities, will be assisted to implement the actions in their respective countries. This public call for proposals only covers the first phase.
- Further information and conditions may be obtained from the European Commission on request.
Calls Central Office - European Commission - Information Society DG, EUFO 1260, rue Alcide Gasperi, L-2920 Luxembourg. Fax (352) 43 01-380 99.
- The documentation can also be obtained from the following address: http://www.cordis.lu/saferinternet/home.htmlhttp://www.cordis.lu/saferinternet/home.html
- The 7th of July 2000 is the closing date for the reception of proposals.