Safer Internet Day is being marked today, 10 February 2015, for the 12th consecutive year. The Day is organised and promoted internationally by the European Internet Safety Network (InSafe), a cooperation network supported by the European Commission (EC) with the aim of raising awareness about safer use of the Internet by citizens, particularly children and young people.
Once again, following the success of last year's campaign, the theme chosen for this year is "Let's create a better internet together". The event seeks to foster learning, participation and discussion of issues related to creating a better Internet for children. The hashtag #Up2Us has been set up to support the event.
In Portugal, the activities are being led by the Centro Internet Segura (Safer Internet Centre) and are being coordinated by FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (Foundation for Science and Technology), with involvement from DGE - Direção Geral da Educação (General Education Directorate), IPDJ - Instituto Português do Desporto e Juventude (Portuguese Sport and Youth Institute) and Microsoft Portugal. Between 10 and 28 February, a series of events will be held to spread information, raise awareness and provide training in municipal councils, municipal libraries, senior universities, Internet spaces, local development associations, digital inclusion centres, communities of culture and recreation and all institutions that contribute to inclusion and the spread of digital literacy.
The EC promotes Safer Internet Day by hosting various events online and presenting resources and other materials throughout the world. You can play games related to issues of cyberbullying, follow events, listen to radio programs and view the school manuals and activities specially prepared for the day.
- Global Safer Internet Day - a better Internet is #Up2Us! http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/dae/redirection.cfm?item_id=20150&newsletter=1
- Safer Internet Day - Insafe http://www.saferinternetday.org/web/guest/home
- Portugal Safer Internet Centre http://www.saferinternetday.org/web/portugal/home
- Internet segura.pt http://www.internetsegura.pt/noticias/dia-da-internet-mais-segura-2015
- Seguranet http://www.seguranet.pt/
- Twitter.com/hashtag/up2us https://twitter.com/hashtag/up2us