On 14 December 2017, ANACOM approved a draft decision identifying the undertakings required to contribute to the electronic communications universal service compensation fund and determining the amount of the contributions in respect of the CLSU - Custos Líquidos do Serviço Universal (Net Costs of Universal Service) to be compensated for 2014 (CLSU approved in 2016) and for 2016 (the period after the designation of universal service providers by tender).
Considering the provisions of the LCE - Lei das Comunicações Eletrónicas (Electronic Communications Lawhttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=975162) and the Universal Service Compensation Fund Law, ANACOM specifically determines the following:
- Revision of the values of eligible turnover reported by some companies for the purposes of calculating overall sector turnover, including as a result of auditing and analysis conducted by ANACOM.
- The value of the sector's overall eligible turnover (4,347,028,918.62 euros) for 2016, for the purposes of the Universal Service Compensation Fund Law.
- The list of undertaking required to make payment of an extraordinary contribution to the compensation fund and the payment of contributions for the net costs of the universal service providers designated by public tender.
- The value of the contribution of each undertaking for the following purposes:
- compensation of CLSU in respect of 2016, as provided by NOS Comunicações, under the contracts concluded with the Portuguese State for the universal service provision of connection to a public communications network at a fixed location and publicly available telephone services;
- compensation of CLSU in respect of 2016, as provided by MEO - Serviços de Comunicações e Multimédia (MEO), under the contracts concluded with the Portuguese State for the universal service provision of public pay-telephones;
- compensation of CLSU in respect of 2016, as provided by MEO, under the contracts concluded with the Portuguese State for the universal service provision of a comprehensive telephone directory and a comprehensive directory enquiry service;
- compensation of the CLSU for 2014 (approved in 2016), as provided by MEO as universal service provider in the period prior to designation by tender.
- A period of 20 working days, following notification of the final decision, for payment of the specified contributions.
It was also decided to submit this draft decision to the prior hearing of interested parties for a period of 10 working days under the terms of the Código de Procedimento Administrativo (Administrative Proceeding Code). Comments in response to this procedure should be sent in writing and in Portuguese by email to email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 Each email may contain one or more files as long as the total size of all files does not exceed 10 megabytes and, if necessary, comments may be divided into two or more emails.
- Electronic communications universal service compensation fund - identification of undertakings required to contribute and determination of the value of contributions in respect of the CLSU (2014 and 2016) https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1425569
Consult press release:
- ANACOM determines net costs of the universal service for 2014 and 2016 https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1425572