In compliance with the provisions of paragraph 2 of article 5 of Law no. 29/2021 of 20 Mayhttps://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1640798, on 28 May 2021, ANACOM approved the template application form to be submitted by micro and small enterprises and self-employed seeking temporary suspension of contracts for the provision of electronic communications services. Applications for suspension can be made by such subscribers when in situations of business crisis or when their premises have been closed by legal or administrative order adopted within the scope of measures to control the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additionally, and with a view to facilitating interactions between providers of electronic communications services and the micro and small enterprises and self-employed eligible to benefit from this measure, ANACOM made the following recommendations to providers:
- to provide an email address, in addition to a physical address, for the submission of applications;
- to accept solemn declarations as attesting to existence of a business crisis situation, as legally defined, as being sufficient as instructive elements of the application;
- otherwise, to provide the information considered necessary and sufficient as proof of a situation of business crisis affecting the applicant; and
- to provide two completed applications as examples.
Companies now have a period of five working days to make the application form available for the temporary suspension of contracts for provision of electronic communications services by electronic means and at their customer service outlets.
- Approval of the template application form for temporary suspension of contracts for provision of electronic communications services https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1663648