''Together Europe can succeed'' this is the motto of the German Presidency of the Council of the EU, which will last the first half of 2007, preceding Portugal which will take over the presidency in the second half.
The programme for the Presidency, which will include the 50th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome on 25 March 2007, is expected to be officially presented on 17 January 2007.
Among the Presidency's priorities are the adoption of the energy action plan of the Union, the re-launch of the Lisbon Strategy and the resolution of the institutional crisis surrounding the EU constitution.
When it comes to the communications sector, the following events have been planned:
- 15.02.07: Council of Ministers for transport, telecommunications and energy;
- 15.03.07: Meeting of Ministers for telecommunications and the information society
- 22-23.03.07: Council of Ministers for transport, telecommunications and energy;
- 05.06.07: Conference on transport and eSafety; and
- 06-08.06.07: Council of Ministers for transport, telecommunications and energy.
- Presidência alemã da UE (em inglês) http://www.eu2007.de/info/en/index.html
Related information on ANACOM's website:
- The Council https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?categoryId=66657