Born 1968 in Friesach, Austria.
Studies at Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration (master's degree 1992, PhD 1995).
- Assistant Professor at Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration (1992-1996)
- Administrator at the General Secretariat of the European Council of Ministers, Brussels; air and maritime transport (1996-1998)
- Administrator at the European Commission, DG Enterprise, in charge of negotiating bilateral textile agreements between the EU and third countries (1998-2001)
- Assistant to the Deputy Director General of DG Enterprise (2001-2002)
- Administrator at DG Budget, in charge of evaluation (2002-2006)
- Head of Unit in DG Internal Market and Services, in charge of "Impact Assessment, Evaluation and Economic Analysis" (2006-April 2011)
- Head of Unit in DG Internal Market and Services, in charge of "Online and Postal Services" (April 2011-present)