This study, conducted by EGIDE - Economia e Gestão, Associação para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento do Ensino (Economics and Management, Association for Research and Development in Education) in partnership with IMR - Instituto de Marketing Research at the request of ANACOM, analysed the development of the postal sector in Portugal, focusing on non-residential customers and taking into account the characteristics of the Portuguese market.
The objectives of this analysis were as follows:
- characterising demand for postal services;
- characterising the structure and operation of postal markets;
- identifying and characterizing the strategies currently followed by the main postal operators;
- addressing different issues related to competition in the market.
The study results were presented in two parts:
- The other part focusing on the characterisation and evolution, over the medium term (2000-2014), of the mail segments, at both national and international levels, including the formulation of an econometric forecast model (2015-2018), using national data, for each type of mail (transactional mail, publicity mail, editorial mail and postal parcels).
The presentation made at this workshop by the speakers of IMR - Instituto de Marketing Research is also available.
1 This study, including its respective premises and conclusions, is the sole responsibility of its authors and in no way commits or binds ANACOM to any position.
- Workshop ''Estudo sobre o desenvolvimento do sector postal'' https://www.anacom.pt/render.jsp?contentId=1357476